What information will be needed for the application 

Anything you submit over our website is 100 percent, fully secure and we never share it with anyone without your permission. If you’re giving us information you want us to use to get you the best loan, we take that responsibility and trust with the utmost respect in keeping your privacy protected at all times.

Here is a list of the information we will need in order to get your loan application approved.

For all loans

Property Information (if you already have a contract on a house)

  • In general, the documentation you will need includes:
  • Purchase Agreement.
  • Copy of legal description and MLS sheet.
  • If you are selling your current home, copy of listing contract.
  • If you have sold your current home, copy of settlement statement (HUD-1).

Income & Assets

  • Pay stubs for the last 30 days.
  • For the past two years:
    • Names and addresses of each employer.
    • W-2s
  • Statements for each bank, mutual fund, and/or investment account for the last three months.
  • Estimated value of personal property and furniture.
  • If you have made any large deposits to your accounts:
    • Explanation and source for deposit.
    • If large deposit was a gift:
      • Signed gift letter (lender can supply).
      • Copy of gift check.
      • Copy of deposit receipt.
  • If you own more than 25% of a business:
    • Corporate or partnership tax returns.
  • If self-employed:
    • Tax returns for the last three years (with schedules).
    • Year-to-Date Profit and Loss Statement prepared by an accountant.
  • If you own rental property:
    • Tax returns for the last two years and current rental agreements.
  • If you are retired:
    • Pension Award Letter.
  • If you receive Social Security:
    • Social Security Award Letter.
  • If you are counting child support as income:
    • Copy of divorce settlement.
    • Copy of twelve months of cancelled child support checks.


  • Names, addresses, account numbers, balances and monthly payments on all current loans.
  • Explanation of credit report anomalies, including:
    • Late payments, credit inquiries in the last 90 days, charge-offs, collections, judgments and/or liens.
    • Bankruptcy filed within last seven years (bring a copy of your bankruptcy papers).

VA Loans

  • Copy of DD Form 214, Report of Separation.


  • Photo ID and proof of Social Security number.
  • Residence addresses for the past two years.
  • If applicable, a copy of your divorce decree.
  • If you are not a citizen, a copy of the front and back of your green card.

Other income information you may need

If you’re self-employed

  • Two years tax returns, profit and loss statements, both company and personal if separate.
  • Current balance sheet and profit and loss statement if more than two months into the new fiscal year, signed by CPA.

If you have income from:

  • Commission
  • Overtime
  • Bonus
  • Partnership
  • Rental Property
  • Trust
  • Notes Receivable
  • Interest/Dividends
  • You’ll need two years’ personal federal tax returns

If employed in family business

  • Personal federal income tax returns and all schedules for the past two years

If divorced or separated

  • Complete executed divorce decree and settlement agreement
  • Payment history of alimony/child support over the past 12 months, if it is a financial obligation.
  • If you choose to have this be considered as part of your income (you don’t have to), be prepared to provide 12 months canceled checks or bank statements reflecting income deposits.

If you own real estate

  • Name and address of all mortgage lenders for the past 24 months, account numbers, monthly payments and balances

If you’ve sold your home but not closed:

  • A copy of the sales contract

If you’ve sold your home, closed, and you will use the proceeds for your new down payment:

  • A copy of the HUD-1 Uniform Settlement Statement

If you rent

  • Name, address and phone number of landlords for the past 24 months

If you’re buying a home

  • Purchase sales contract or offer to purchase and all addenda
  • Furnish contract with original signatures of buyer and seller

If a source of your down payment is a gift:

  • Name, address and relationship of donor.
  • Gift funds will be verified in both the donor and recipient’s accounts.
  • Note: Not all loan programs allow gifts to be part of your down payment.

For FHA Financing

  • Evidence of Social Security Number and photo identification

For VA Financing

  • DD214 and Certificate of Eligibility

For Construction/Perm Loan

  • Signed construction with cost breakdown, builder plan and specifications